Who Can Invest?
Qualified Sophisticated/Wholesale investors are invited to participate in HoldenCAPITAL Partners investment opportunities. HCP’s Sophisticated/Wholesale investor certificate template can be downloaded here.
The following is a summary of who is considered a sophisticated/wholesale client in accordance with Chapter 6D or 7 of the Corporations Act 2001:
Product value test
Where the initial amount paid by the investor at the time of investment in a Select Loan Investment is at least $500,000. The person will remain a wholesale investor even if their investment subsequently falls below $500,000.
For investment less than $500,000, the following tests apply:
Individual wealth test
The person has provided a certificate by a qualified accountant stating that the person has net assets of at least $2.5million or gross income for each of the last two financial years of at least $250,000.
Professional investor test
The financial product is provided to a ‘professional investor’ which includes:
- An Australian financial services licensee;
- A body regulated by APRA outside of superannuation;
- A body registered under the Financial Corporations Act 1974;
- Trustees of superannuation funds, approved deposit funds, pooled superannuation trusts and public sector superannuation schemes under the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 with net assets of at least $10million;
- A person who controls at least $10million.
HCP’s Sophisticated/Wholesale investor certificate template can be downloaded here.